Terms & Conditions
1. Welcome to Listy
1 Listy operates a social network which allows you to find, create, and engage with lists made using our application which we make available for download through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store on your mobile device or through our website on any device.
2 The Service is operated by Young and Valley Limited ("we", "our, or “us").
2. Your relationship with us1 This document and any documents referred to within it (collectively, the "Terms of Service") set out the terms of your relationship with us. It is important that you read and understand the Terms of Service before using the Service.
2 By setting up an account with us or using and accessing the Service you agree to these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, please do not browse or otherwise access or use the Service.
3. Information about us1 Young and Valley Ltd. is incorporated and registered in England and Wales under company number 10718479. Our registered office is at 29 Graham Road, Ipswich, IP13QE, Suffolk.
2 You must be at least 14 years of age and capable in your country of residence of entering into a legally binding agreement to use our Service.
3 You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login details and any activities that occur under your Account.
6. Your right to use the Service1 The materials and content comprising the Service either belong to us or we have permission from the owner to use them to provide the Service. We give you permission to use the materials and content comprising the Service for the sole purpose of using the Service in accordance with these Terms of Service.
2 Your right to use the Service is personal to you and you are not allowed to give this right to another person or to sell, gift or transfer your Account to another person. Your right to use the Service does not stop us from giving other people the right to use the Service.
3 Other than as allowed in these Terms of Service you are not given the right to use the “Listy” name, or any of the “Listy” and “Young and Valley Ltd.” trademarks, logos, domain names and other distinctive brand features.
7. Your content1 You confirm that images, sounds, text or information that you submit or create ("User Content") whilst using the Service will meet the Rules of Acceptable Use.
2 You grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and perpetual licence to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, adapt, re-format, modify, publish, translate, licence, sub-licence, assign, transfer and exploit the User Content anywhere and in any form for the purposes of providing our Service or for any purpose in connection with the operation of our business.
4 We do not check or moderate any User Content before it is added to the Service by users. We may later check, moderate, reject, refuse or delete any User Content if we think that it breaks any of the Rules of Acceptable Use, or we believe it is against the ethos of Listy.
8. Rules of Acceptable Use
1 In addition to the other requirements within these Terms of Service, this clause describes specific rules that apply to your use of the Service (the "Rules of Acceptable Use").
2 When using the Service you must not:1 create more than one Account on the Service.
2 give any false or misleading information in your Account details;
3 permit another person to use the Service under your name or on your behalf unless you are a business and such person is authorised by you;
4 use the Service if we have suspended or banned you from using it;
5 send junk, spam or repetitive messages;
6 engage in any illegal or unlawful conduct including the distribution of any elicit content or any content that otherwise beaches another person's rights, and must comply with applicable legal requirements relating to the distribution of online content.
7 modify, interfere, intercept, disrupt or hack the Service;
8 misuse the Service by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which would harm the Service or any user of the Service's own equipment;
9 collect any data from the Service other than in accordance with these Terms of Service;
10 submit or contribute any User Content (including comments and descriptions relating to Sale Items) that contains nudity or violence, is abusive, threatening, harassing, obscene, misleading, untrue, offensive, derogatory or uses bad or rude language;
11 unfairly or unlawfully interfere or manipulate any ratings system or user feedback system;
12 submit or contribute any User Content without the permission of the content owner or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties; or
15 submit or contribute any information or commentary about another person without that person's permission.
3 Failure to comply with the Rules of Acceptable Use constitutes a serious breach of these Terms of Service, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions (with or without notice):
1 immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Service;
2 immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any User Content (including the removal of Sale Items listed on the Service);
3 issuing of a warning to you;
4 legal action against you including proceedings for reimbursement of all costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
5 disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
4 We may investigate any suspected breach of the Rules of Acceptable Use. During such investigation we may temporarily withdraw your right to use our Service or remove User Content (including the removal of Sale Items listed on the Service) without notice to you.
5 The responses described in clause 9.4 are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
9. Notice and takedown policy1 Any person may contact us by sending us a "Report" if any content available through our Service infringes their rights or fails to comply with our Rules of Acceptable Use. The Infringement Notice should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide the information described below in the Infringement Notice:1 your name and contact details;
2 a statement explaining in sufficient detail why you consider that the content available through our Service infringes your rights or fails to comply with our Rules of Acceptable Use; and
3 a link to or such other means of identifying the problematic content.
2 We will take the action that we believe is appropriate depending on the nature of the Infringement Notice and will aim to respond to you within a reasonable period of time on the action we propose to take.
10. Ending our relationship1 If at any time you do not feel that you can agree to these Terms of Service or any changes made to the Terms of Service or the Service, you must immediately stop using the Service.
2 If you wish to end your use of the Service, please contact us at email@example.com with username details linked to your account and ask us to deactivate your Account.
3 We may immediately end your use of the Service if you break the Rules of Acceptable Use, any other important rule(s), or terms and conditions we set for accessing and using the Service including these Terms of Service.
4 We may also withdraw the Service as long as we give you reasonable notice that we plan to do this so that you have a reasonable period of time to download any of your User Content.
5 If you or we end your use of the Service or we withdraw the Service as described in this clause, we may delete or modify your User Content, Account or any other information we hold about you. You will also lose any rights you have to use the Service or access our content or your User Content. We will not offer you compensation for any losses.
11. Our liability/responsibility to you1 Unfortunately, due to the nature of the Internet and technology, the Service is provided on an "as available" and "as is" basis. This means that we are unable to promise that your use of the Service will be uninterrupted, without delays, error-free or meet your expectations and we do not give any commitment relating to the performance or availability of the Service in these Terms of Service and, to the extent we are able to do so, we exclude any commitments that may be implied by law.
2 In every case, we will never be responsible for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable.
12. Resolving disputes
DISPUTES WITH US1 If you have a dispute with us relating to the Service, in the first instance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally.
13. Changes to the Service1 We are constantly updating and improving the Service to try and find ways to provide you with new and innovative features and services. Improvements and updates are also made to reflect changing technologies, tastes, behaviours and the way people use the Internet and our Service.
2 In order to do this, we may need to update, reset, stop offering and/or supporting a particular part of the Service, or feature relating to the Service. These changes to the Service may affect your past activities on the Service, features that you use and your User Content.
3 You agree that a key characteristic of our Service is that changes to the Service will take place over time and this is an important basis on which we grant you access to the Service. Once we have made changes to the Service, your continued use of the Service will show that you have accepted any changes to the Service. You are always free to stop using the Service or deactivate your Account by contacting us at email@example.com with the necessary details of your account.
14. Change to the documents1 We may revise these Terms of Service from time to time but this is the most current version.
2 Changes will usually occur because of new features being added to the Service, changes in the law or where we need to clarify our position on something.
3 We will try, where possible and reasonable, to contact you to let you know about any significant changes to any of the documents referred to in these Terms of Service. We may contact you through the Service (for example by asking you to accept the changes before you continue to use the Service) or via a separate email.
4 Normally, we will try to give you some warning before the new terms become effective. However, sometimes changes will need to be made immediately and if this happens we will not give you any notice.
15. Documents that apply to our relationship with you1 The current version of the Terms of Service contains the only terms and conditions that apply to our relationship with you. Older versions of the Terms of Service will no longer apply to our relationship and will be completely replaced by the current version.
2 We intend to rely on these Terms of Service as setting out the written terms of our agreement with you for the provision of the Service. If part of the Terms of Service cannot be enforced then the remainder of the Terms of Service will still apply to our relationship.
3 If you do not comply with these Terms of Service and we do not take action immediately, this does not mean we have given up any right we have and we may still take action in the future.
16. Law1 As we are based in England, English law will apply to all disputes and the interpretation of these Terms of Service. The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from or related to your use of the Service.
17. Contact, feedback and complaints1 If you need to contact us in relation to these Terms of Service or any other document mentioned in them, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2 We value hearing from our users, and are always interested in learning about ways we can improve the Service. By providing your feedback you agree that you are giving up any rights you have in your feedback so that we may use and allow others to use it without any restriction and without any payment to you.